Master’s degree in architecture and Diploma in Building Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia in Barcelona.
In 2010 he created albertfaus architecture. Since then, he has developed his professional activity mainly in Burkina Faso, where he has directed numerous construction projects for International Cooperation entities, especially in the fields of Health and Education. During these years he has also promoted, in a personal capacity, Research and Development projects, being awarded in 2015 with the Innovation Award granted by the Catalonian Association of Architects, with the Opinion Award at the FAD International 2017 and with a Special Mention from the Jury of the ARQUIA Awards Fundación Caja de Arquitectos 2022.
In the private sector, from his studios in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) and Grand Bassam (Ivory Coast), he has participated in the design of residential, commercial and office buildings, relying on a broad interdisciplinary collaboration and a project vision oriented towards innovation and creativity.
His commitment to sustainable architecture that reduces the environmental impact of buildings through the use of passive climate control strategies and improving the energy efficiency of construction has led him to win the competition held in 2020 by the Ministry of Environment, Green Economy and Climate Change of Burkina Faso, for the design of various facilities to be built in different areas of its territory over the coming years.
European by origin, in his professional practice in West Africa, he has always promoted the transmission of knowledge in both directions, "from north to south and from south to north". A kind of architectural crossbreeding of different cultures, a fusion of local materials and archetypes with technified construction systems, which aspires to be an integrating and adapted proposal, referenced to each place and its culture.
His work has been awarded several prizes and has been published in national and international media. He has also been invited to participate in academic activities and to give lectures at institutions in Africa, America and Europe.
PREMIOS Y CONCURSOS
• Special Mention from the Jury of the ARQUIA Awards Fundación Caja de Arquitectos 2022. SECONDARY SCHOOL AND AUXILIARY BUILDINGS OF THE BANGRE VEENEM SCHOOL COMPLEX.
• 1st Prize for the "Recruitment of a consultant in charge of the elaboration of construction plans for Forestry Control Post and the Provincial Directorate of Yagha", AGREF Programme of the Ministry of Environment, Green Economy and Climate Change of Burkina Faso (2020).
• Finalist firm in the HUMANITARIAN ARCHITECTURE category, A+Firms Award Architizer 2020.
• Winning Project in Architectural Design/Educational Architecture, The Architectural Masterprize 2020: SECONDARY SCHOOL AND AUXILIARY BUILDINGS OF THE BANGRE VEENEM SCHOOL COMPLEX.
• Finalist at FAD International Architecture Award 2020: SECONDARY SCHOOL AND AUXILIARY BUILDINGS OF THE BANGRE VEENEM SCHOOL COMPLEX.
• Winning Project in Architectural Design/Residential Architecture, The Architectural Masterprize 2018: HOME FOR ORPHANED CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
• Honourable Mention in Architectural Design/Educational Buildings, The Architectural Masterprize 2018: WOMEN'S TRAINING CENTRE IN BOASSA.
• Finalist at FAD International Architecture Award 2018: WOMEN'S TRAINING CENTRE IN BOASSA.
• Opinion Award in the FAD International Architecture Award 2017: MATERNITY CLINIC, REFURBISHMENT AND ENLARGEMENT.
• 2nd Prize in the Recruitment for the construction of a primary school in Mauritania, for the PECOBAT Project, financed by European Union funds and implemented by the International Labour Organisation (2018).
• Highlighted project in the 2nd CATALAN INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBIT organised by the Professional Association of Architects of Catalonia (2017): HOUSE FOR ORPHANED CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
• Highlighted project in the 2nd CATALAN INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBIT organised by the Professional Association of Architects of Catalonia (2017): KATIOU LIBRARY.
• 1st Prize for the "Recruitment of a consultant for the construction of the Roumdé Production Units, FAFASO GIZ (German Cooperation)”, with Giovanni Quattrocolo Architecture (2017).
• Shortlisted at FAD International Architecture Award 2016: HOUSE FOR ORPHANED CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
• 3rd Prize for the "Recruitment of an architectural firm to carry out studies for the construction of a Tourism and Hospitality Training Centre (CFTH) in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, in the PEJDC project, financed by the World Bank and the Ministry of Youth, Vocational Training and Employment of Burkina Faso (2016).
• Shortlisted at FAD International Architecture Award 2015: KATIOU LIBRARY.
• 1st Prize for INNOVATION in the 1st CATALAN INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBIT organised by Professional Association of Architects of Catalonia (2015).
• Highlighted project in the 1st CATALAN INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBIT organised by the Professional Association of Architects of Catalonia (2015): LAAFI NURSERY SCHOOL.
• Highlighted project in the 1st CATALAN INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBIT organised by the Professional Association of Architects of Catalonia (2015): CENTRE FOR EDUCATIONAL, PROFESSIONAL AND SPORTS INTEGRATION IN RIMKIETA.
Much of this work has appeared in international magazines such as CASABELLA, ARQUITECTURA VIVA, AMC, ARQUINE, ON DISEÑO, etc... and has even been exhibited in the Museum of Finnish Architecture (Helsinki, 2013), in the Leopoldo Rother Museum of Architecture (Bogotá, 2013), in the Museum of Granollers (Barcelona, 2019) or in the international exhibition ATLAS OF THE UNBUILT WORLD organised by the BRITISH COUNCIL for the LONDON FESTIVAL OF ARCHITECTURE in the BARTLETT SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE (London, 2013).
TEACHING AND COMUNICATION
• Valencia School of Architecture (UPV) _ Valencia, July 2022.
• Abidjan School of Architecture (EAA) _ Abidjan, May 2022.
Ten years of architecture in Burkina Faso. 2010-2020
• School of Architecture (EAR) _ Reus, February 2022.
From the vernacular to the technological
• The School of Architecture of La Salle (ETSALS) _ Barcelona, October 2021.
Inhabit Burkina Faso
• Tulane University _ New Orleans, October 2021.
• The traditional techniques in building contemporary architecture _ Banyoles (Girona), September 2021.
From Vernacular to Technology
• Catalonian Association of Architects _ Delegation of Lleida, May 2021.
The Allou-Sana dwelling in Tangassogo
• Aarhus School of Architecture . Aarhus, March 2021.
From Vernacular to Technology
• Catalonian Association of Architects _ Vic, March 2021.
Per Durar, Tangassogo. Burkina Faso
• Roca Gallery.com _ March 2021.
The boundary between the past and present
• A Converse Anidar _ ARQA, December 2020
• Architecture and Design Week _ Pollença (Mallorca), August 2020.
Ten years of architecture in Burkina Faso. 2010-2020
• Andorra Association of Architects. Andorra la Vella, May 2019.
Low-Tech/ Low-Cost projects in Burkina Faso
• Polytechnic School of the University of Alicante (EPSUA) _ Alicante, May 2019
Lessons learned in Africa: 4 projects in Burkina Faso
• International Labour Office (BIT) . Nouakchott, May 2018.
Introduction to the conception of upper metal roofs for earth buildings
• Madrid Association of Architects _ Madrid, February 2017.
Africa and the future of architecture
• Congress of Architects at the Catalonian Association of Architects _ Barcelona, October 2016.
• Monography on the architecture platform TRANSFERRING Global Architecture _ February 2015
Architectures and construction processus in Burkina Faso
• Beyond Building Barcelona Construmat _ Barcelona, May 2015
Director of International Cooperation Corner Construmat
• Agora Construmat _ Barcelona, May 2015
Architecture and International Cooperation
• Bartlett School of Architecture _ London, May 2013.
Atlas of the unbuilt world, London festival of Architecture
• International University of Catalonia (UIC) _ Barcelona, February 2013.
Training and Apiculture Research Center in Mangodara
• Technical School of Architecture of Barcelona (ETSAB) _ Barcelona, February 2013.
Burkina Faso: A New Way
• Barcelona Building Engineers Association _ Barcelona, March 2012
The construction of cooperation, cooperation in construction